I thought I would intro myself a little more, by doing a ’10 facts about me’ post! Here it goes..
- My real name is Amber-Leigh, but no one ever calls me that. Except my mother, when I’m in trouble…
- I began dirt biking in 2012, shortly after Joel and I started dating (2011). Ever since I bought my first dirtbike (Yammy YZ 85) for my 22 birthday, it’s been a huge passion of ours that we absolutely love to do together. It will be something we bring our kids up with, as well as continue to do as the years go by.
- The word “Boo” is of huge significance for me. When I was younger my grandfather always called me Amboo or Boo as a nick name. It’s stuck in my family for years. I call everyone I adore and love Boo (although to me it doesn’t mean significant other like other people). So, if you have ever been called boo in my life, it’s because I like you hehe.
- I have two dogs Easy (red nose pitbull) and Eva (staffy) and a cat, Mrs. Meowingtons (calico). I’m not sure how old my cat is – I adopted her from the Meow Foundation – but she’s super chatty, talks 24/7 and love, love, loves to cuddle and be pet. The dogs are her get along really well and snuggle a lot. Easy (7) and Eva (5) are 2 years apart and from separate litters. They are like day and night (just like their fur color!) and have completely different personalities. Eva is always wanting to explore and go, go, go – bounces off the walls and always wants to play. Easy is a lot more docile and chill, he would rather stop and smell the roses along the way (meaning pee on everything in sight).
- I enjoy being outside and try to get outside at least once on the weekend. Either camping, dirtbiking, or hiking.. In the summer times I try to get out after work. Days are longer and after work summits are always the best!
- I only started “majorly” hiking about two years ago. When I had met some girls off of Instagram. No regrets there. I have climbed some of MY highest mountains and seen some of the most beautiful places – I made best friends with two of them that I have met!
- I have little to no filter, especially when it comes to swearing. Fuck is my go to word. I have a dark sense of humor. I’m also incredibly sarcastic, so a lot of people don’t know if they should take me seriously or how to act when I say things. One thing – don’t ever take me seriously unless I say “I’m serious”.
- I’m very in touch with how I feel about situations or people. I always go with my gut feeling on things. I feel people out when I first meet them on the vibe I receive from them.
- My two favorite places in the entire world are Moab, Utah and Vancouver Island, BC. If I could live anywhere, those two places would be high on my list of pickings.
- I have two memorial tattoos. One on my shoulder of a 96′ Ducati, that my Grandfather rebuilt for a friend and named “Little Star” which in Italian means Stella (my Nana’s name) and one on my upper thigh for my Nephew who passed away 3 years ago. It’s of a Lion (because he got a stuffed Lion for Christmas that he adored, took everywhere with him. He named it ‘puppy’). Balloons (for when we released balloons at his service – one for me, my mom, my older brother, and my younger brother). Poppies (in remembrance for him). Both are on my left side, where my heart sits.. ❤
- Music – Anything but Country. Please don’t play that shit when I’m around…
- Joel and I are pregnant with our first child – after trying for about a year and a half. Our dreams of starting a family are coming true. We both cant wait to start this new journey ❤
Last two are bonus facts haha – and there you go, a little more into my life. But, that’s all you get so suck it.
It’s been really nice to be able to get out and get some Fresh Air the last couple weekends. It’s always been something that relaxes me, gives me time to think, and any stress or anxiety I’m feeling just seems to lift away. I can go back to managing life again. My mom coming down for the weekend, was great. I always love when she comes down. She’s my best friend, I confide in her for everything. Since she lives 4.5 hours away, the days I get to spend with her I cherish every minute of it.
Saturday. My mom and I woke up lounged around with the pups for a bit – It was nice to sleep in, although it would help if I got a good nights sleep before! We got ready and headed to Babies R Us to check out some Stroller and Car seat sets, and then headed to Walmart to check them out there too as well. Once we got home from shopping around we headed for the dog park with Easy, Eva and Juno and watched the sun go down. Later that night, my mom and I decided to be ambitious since I had this Cinnamon Bun recipe forever that i found on Pintrest and wanted to try. We made the Dough, Filling and Cream Cheese topping all from scratch. They turned out AH-MAZING. I’m definitely going to be baking some more of them this week! Here are some photos i took while we were at the park :
Sunday. I saw my mom and Juno off in the Morning, which is never a happy thing for me (can she just come and live with me, please?!). Once she left, i got ready and waited for Alyssa to be at my house. Alyssa and I headed out of Calgary at around 10am. We were headed for Mount Yamnuska. Now, I’m not totally against ever doing this hike. But, it was never on my hit list of hikes ‘to-do’. Mainly because of how popular it is (I can’t stand the crowds). But, since this was Alyssa’s first ‘Mountain” hike. I thought it would be good, nice and close. Something new for the both of us! Once we got to the parking lot it was basically empty, which was a relief for me. The plan was never to summit, as I knew it wouldn’t be do-able in the winter, because of the icy conditions (and I mean VERY icy) so we decided to go as far as we wanted and the headed back down. We got up to the first cliff ban, and because it got more sketch the further we went, we decided to hangout at the top and snap some photos there. I get the just of the view. I would say its the same view as Door Jamb mountain and Loder Peak soooo – been there done that haha. The hike was still great none the less. Here are some photos I took :
Now, to get ready for the work week. But, I have no mountain plans for next weekend (as of yet haha). I deem it necessary to take a break every once in awhile.Fresh air and relaxation are both key to having the perfect balance in life. Since I’m in ‘baking’ mode. I think ill do some of that.
Happy Sunday, Everyone!
The names a little deceiving, since it’s not at all like Paradise. Life is what you make of it, and how you perceive things. I ended up finding my own little slice of heaven hanging out on my Momma’s place, which happens to be on a Bison Ranch, for the last few days. It was incredibly cold, but so magical. Every day was a hoarfrost, Joel and I got to rip on the sled, and play in the snow – It’s safe to say, I know what our next investment is going to be for winter fun- and admire the Bison from afar. G-Pa Flint took us up in his truck on one of the pens, so we got to experience them up close and personal. It was the ultimate relaxation. The stars out there are amazing. Not a single city light about. But, managing to stay outside in -35 in the middle of the night isn’t so easy. Here are some photos I grabbed while out there!
It’s been cold here in YYC. Like unbelievably cold. Christmas/Boxing Day week it’s been decently warm, so Joel and I have been trying to get the dogs out as much as possible. Considering come next week it’s supposed to plummet back down to -30 with the wind chill, which is no Bueno for me and the dogs! We have some natural areas close to our house that we get to enjoy. We try to run the dogs so their little toes don’t get so cold so fast. They wrecked their booties climbing up Table Mountain a little while back, and we haven’t bought them new ones (city baby’s haha). Here are some photos :