The one thing I absolutely miss about the summer time is the fact that i can get off work at 4 or 5 and still have time to get out to the mountains and back before the sun goes down, and its WARM.
Shae and Megg had invited me to go watch the sunset at Vermilion Lakes, in Banff National Park. Since our schedules are never, ever the same. I said ‘fuck it I’m going’. I asked my boss if I could get off work at 2pm , he asked ‘why’ all I said was im going to hangout with my friends, and he was all for it! My boss is the most chill boss I have ever had. Once I was off at 2pm, I headed home grabbed some things and headed to Petro where I met Megg and Shae. We grabbed a bagel from the amazing Rocky Mountain Bagel Co and headed for Vermilion. Here are some photos of the sunset, it wasn’t anything AMAZING, and it was literally ‘freeze your balls off’ cold. So we didn’t last long but it was great to get out during the weekday. Since, this weekend is supposed to be nothing but shitty snow and cold weather. Yippie for 6 more weeks of winter – damn groundhog.
I thought I would intro myself a little more, by doing a ’10 facts about me’ post! Here it goes..
- My real name is Amber-Leigh, but no one ever calls me that. Except my mother, when I’m in trouble…
- I began dirt biking in 2012, shortly after Joel and I started dating (2011). Ever since I bought my first dirtbike (Yammy YZ 85) for my 22 birthday, it’s been a huge passion of ours that we absolutely love to do together. It will be something we bring our kids up with, as well as continue to do as the years go by.
- The word “Boo” is of huge significance for me. When I was younger my grandfather always called me Amboo or Boo as a nick name. It’s stuck in my family for years. I call everyone I adore and love Boo (although to me it doesn’t mean significant other like other people). So, if you have ever been called boo in my life, it’s because I like you hehe.
- I have two dogs Easy (red nose pitbull) and Eva (staffy) and a cat, Mrs. Meowingtons (calico). I’m not sure how old my cat is – I adopted her from the Meow Foundation – but she’s super chatty, talks 24/7 and love, love, loves to cuddle and be pet. The dogs are her get along really well and snuggle a lot. Easy (7) and Eva (5) are 2 years apart and from separate litters. They are like day and night (just like their fur color!) and have completely different personalities. Eva is always wanting to explore and go, go, go – bounces off the walls and always wants to play. Easy is a lot more docile and chill, he would rather stop and smell the roses along the way (meaning pee on everything in sight).
- I enjoy being outside and try to get outside at least once on the weekend. Either camping, dirtbiking, or hiking.. In the summer times I try to get out after work. Days are longer and after work summits are always the best!
- I only started “majorly” hiking about two years ago. When I had met some girls off of Instagram. No regrets there. I have climbed some of MY highest mountains and seen some of the most beautiful places – I made best friends with two of them that I have met!
- I have little to no filter, especially when it comes to swearing. Fuck is my go to word. I have a dark sense of humor. I’m also incredibly sarcastic, so a lot of people don’t know if they should take me seriously or how to act when I say things. One thing – don’t ever take me seriously unless I say “I’m serious”.
- I’m very in touch with how I feel about situations or people. I always go with my gut feeling on things. I feel people out when I first meet them on the vibe I receive from them.
- My two favorite places in the entire world are Moab, Utah and Vancouver Island, BC. If I could live anywhere, those two places would be high on my list of pickings.
- I have two memorial tattoos. One on my shoulder of a 96′ Ducati, that my Grandfather rebuilt for a friend and named “Little Star” which in Italian means Stella (my Nana’s name) and one on my upper thigh for my Nephew who passed away 3 years ago. It’s of a Lion (because he got a stuffed Lion for Christmas that he adored, took everywhere with him. He named it ‘puppy’). Balloons (for when we released balloons at his service – one for me, my mom, my older brother, and my younger brother). Poppies (in remembrance for him). Both are on my left side, where my heart sits.. ❤
- Music – Anything but Country. Please don’t play that shit when I’m around…
- Joel and I are pregnant with our first child – after trying for about a year and a half. Our dreams of starting a family are coming true. We both cant wait to start this new journey ❤
Last two are bonus facts haha – and there you go, a little more into my life. But, that’s all you get so suck it.